HEY, everybody! Welcome to another wild ride at the Earpstead and through Purgatory. Damn, y’all. DAMN with this episode.
Things continue to ramp up to super-cray as the season winds down. One more episode, friends, and then we all have to wait until Season 3!!!!
Knowing Andras, it’s going to be one hell of a cliffhanger.
Okay, per usual…
THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS HERE BLOG. SO MANY SPOILERS I CAN’T EVEN. I MEAN, FOR REALZ! EVERY SINGLE SPOILER YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE! SO IF YOU DON’T WANT THOSE SPOILERS, BACK THAT AZZ UP AND COME BACK WHEN YOU DO.
Hey, everybody. I’m running a bit late on this recap. The world is a giant steaming bucket of hellfuck, and I think you all know whereof I speak. But Earpers unite, dammit, and let’s do some good in the world with the time we’ve got.
On that note, let’s ponder this last episode, which managed to beat 2.09 in over-the-toppery. Pretty sure the last two episodes of the season will manage to top this one and each other, so just be aware that things are going to get even more cray.
And, as always,
SPOILERS. OMG STOP READING THIS IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE EPISODE AND YOU PLAN TO BECAUSE HOLY CRAP THERE IS EVERY SPOILER YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE HEREIN.
I…um. Andras said this episode was going to be basically out of control and she never fails to come through in that regard.
Every episode ratchets up the cray, both with creepiness and internal drama and now we are hurtling toward the end of the season and things are so beyond control right now that I don’t even know how a Season 3 is going to top this. But it’s Andras, and she has an amazing cast, crew, and writing team so there’s that.
Right now, I’m still processing everything that happened in last night’s episode. Everybody on the Twitterz last night was flipping out during the live-Tweeting, and if you watched it live during that, you know whereof I speak.
Let’s get to this.
And, as always…SPOILERS OMG SO MANY SPOILERS STOP RIGHT NOW AND LEAVE IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE EPISODE AND YOU PLAN ON DOING SO RUN AWAY RIGHT NOW JUST RUN AND DON’T LOOK BACK IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.
Last week, we lost Juan Carlo but Wynonna also did the vision quest that revealed to her many things, including Bobo’s origins, where the third seal is, and who the seals are entrapping. Also, Waverly finds out that she’s not an Earp and may in fact be Bobo’s daughter. THE CRAY KEEPS CRAY-ING!
I can’t even with this show, you guys. I think after watching an episode of this season that that’s it; it can’t get any freaking crazier and THEN IT DOES. Omg, Andras! You and the writers of this show are phenomenal!
So let’s get to this because srsly, y’all. This is a game-changer episode too, in different ways than the pregnancy plotline.
AND, AS ALWAYS, MASSIVE UNADULTERATED SPOILERS AHEAD! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE EPISODE!
And there was much rejoicing throughout the land. Just go onto Twitter and hit the hashtag for #WynonnaEarp and you’ll see videos posted of the moment of the announcement at the WE fan panel and you, too, can participate in the rejoicing throughout the land.
I thought last week’s episode was off the damn chain. This one, though. THIS ONE. Jesus, Andras. This is why #Fandras is a thing, no matter how you slice it. Because with writing like this…holy crackamoli.
This is such a powerful women-centric episode. And all the ways the relationships intertwine not just between the women, but the men in their lives. It was so beautifully done. I’m…wow. Just wow.
THIS EPISODE BLEW MY FREAKING MIND. GAME-CHANGER! GAME-CHANGER! THIS EPISODE IS A GAME-CHANGER! And I mean that in terms of the Wynonna-verse and also in terms of Wynonna Earp’s personal character arc and the arcs of the other characters.
So I’m going to be doing some recapping here, in accordance with my fangirling which seems to have taken a turn for the MOAR over the past year or two. Maybe it’s my next childhood. Or still existing one. Who knows. Regardless, let’s talk Wynonna Earp.
And you guys.
This is the opening scene of episode 3, season 2 and you are welcome.
So the Hootenanny over at the blog I co-admin, Women and Words, kept us crazy and busy, and I’m pretty sure we must’ve given away around 500 books. But I don’t even want to count for sure.
Also, in case you didn’t realize, I do a Fangirl Friday blog over there almost every Friday about what I’m fangirling over, so if that’s up your ally, give it a whirl. This past Friday’s was my thoughts about Carrie Fisher.
Anyway, I just want to say that for the most part, 2016 was full of serious suckage. So here, I’m listing 10 things I’m looking forward to in 2017, provided the new regime doesn’t shut down the Internet and start rounding people like me up (only partially kidding).
1. Wynonna Earp Season 2. OMG I can’t EVEN! SO EXCITED about this! Wynonna Earp provided balm to my broken Clexa heart in the wake of the bullshit that was S3 of The 100. Queer and POC rep! Possible March premiere of Wynonna Earp S2. More of my fangirling over it. By the way, shout-out to the Wynonna Earp fandom, which organized and was largely responsible for convincing the network (SyFy) to renew for a second season. Well done, my peeps. Well done.
2. Killjoys Season 3. Killjoys, too, provided some balm to my little wounded heart in the wake of The 100 and yay, it was renewed for a third season. Ass-kicking women, great plots, space opera awesome-ness. Queer and POC rep. It’s well worth your time to check this series out. And here’s me fangirling over it.
3. Star Wars Episode VIII: This is the last Star Wars appearance of Carrie Fisher, if I’m not mistaken, and I’ll most likely cry when I see her on the screen, but damn, Star Wars. Thank GAWD for Star Wars in my life. It feeds my little space opera/spec fic/adventurous soul.
4. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter – Yeah, whatever! I enjoy the Resident Evil movies because HELLO. Mila Jovovich kicking serious ass all over the screens as Alice, battling the evil corporate empire and various zombies and whatever the hell else she has to deal with. Woman power, y’all!
And yes, that is Guns n’ Roses playing. How can you not want to see this movie?
Notice my theme, here? Fangirling and escapism. If only I could have my own band of outlaws and take to space…
5. ClexaCon, Las Vegas, March: HOLY SHIT I am SO STOKED about this. ClexaCon is the inaugural con for queer women in media, named in honor of the iconic ship Clexa, from The 100. I will be attending as press (Women and Words) and I will be blogging and Tweeting about it and I may be moderating a panel. We shall see! If you’re interested, here’s an interview I did with some of the organizers.
6. Releasing a few more books/novellas. Okay, so, I’ve been kind of tight-lipped about what I’m up to in that regard, and I usually am (weird superstition), but I am going to be publishing a few things this year. So stay tuned. 🙂
7. Writing more fanfic: I dunno. I’m really enjoying this, so I may actually write some more this year. Probably Clexa, but you never know. And holy shit, I may actually do some AU Clexa. WTF? lol
8. Continued work building community: Some of you know that I and bunches of colleagues do lots of community-building through Women and Words and organizations like GCLS as well as through various other organizations, and I love doing it. I’m going to keep doing that — and I think we need it now more than ever.
9. Hopefully some more travel, provided the new regime doesn’t put travel restrictions on people it deems “unworthy” (again, only partially kidding…ugh). I would LUUUUUV to go to New Zealand and Australia, so if anybody in those countries feels like putting up a half-cracked weirdo American fangirl/author like myself, let me know! LOL
10. A super-secret project I can’t tell you about yet. Really looking forward to it, and you’ll be the first to know when it drops. 😀
Regardless, stay strong, my friends. Stick up for each other, speak out, and remember who you are. Much love for 2017.